Standards are the technical specifications established by an authority that specify the characteristics of a class of products by size, quality, performance, and safety. LTI consultants have extensive experience advising companies and developing strategies to work with the relevant Chinese government agencies to address the use of standards designed to protect domestic markets. LTI consultants refer to their experience in this market and familiarity with the international standards development organizations and the WTO bodies to assist companies and trade associations facing adverse standards in new or established markets. Whether working on the Chinese government’s adoption of a wireless networking standard or discussing the WTO consistency of a proposed national standard, LTI’s consultants can help your organization address these barriers constructively and successfully. LTI provides the following services in the area of standards:
Strategic analysis of the impact of current and planned standards on business, including:
- An analysis of the impact of industry, local and national standards development on your business, from a narrowly defined to a broad product area, depending upon the goals of your company;
- Identify priorities and develop a strategy for addressing standards development that will impact your company. This strategy may include a selection of the following services as dictated by your company’s specific goals:Conduct research on Chinese standards development, implementation and requirements at the national, provincial and industry level.
- Involvement in Chinese standards working groups responsible for your company to express your company’s viewpoint and impact the formulation of the standard;
- Contact and communicate with the China Electronics Standardization Institute (CESI), Ministry of Information and Industry Technology (MIIT), Ministry of Environmental Protection Agency of China (MEPA), General Administration for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ), the Standardization Administration of China (SAC), Certification and Accreditation Administration of the PRC (CNCA), China Energy Label Center (CEC), Environmental Certification Center of MEPA (CNIS), and other relevant standard departments;
- Coordinate with relevant standards associations, such as the US Information Technology Organization (USITO), the Standards Forum under the American Chamber of Commerce in Beijing, and the China Association of Environmental Protection Industry (CAEPI);
Follow updates on certification policies from CNCA and the China Quality Certification Center (CQC), and assist in obtaining certifications such as:
- China Compulsory Certification (CCC) Mark;
- China Certification Center for Energy Conservation Products (CECP) Label;
- China RoHS and China WEEE;
- Information Security Registration and Certifications.