Due diligence is a critical step in your business transactions. LTI helps you investigate the history, financial status, shareholders, management structure, industry sector, business environment, and marketing strategy of your potential customers, distributors, shipping companies, competitors and business partners.
LTI generates company due diligence reports using information collected from all available channels, including English and Chinese language sources. These thorough reports typically include the following information about a Chinese company:
- Company registration information;
- Company structure (including information on parent and subsidiary companies);
- Executive leadership;
- Investors and shareholders;
- Primary area(s) of business;
- Major industry competitors;
- Cooperation with other domestic and foreign entities;
- Financial information;
- Military connections.
- LTI specializes in preparing due diligence reports about Chinese companies that are potential recipients of goods, technology or software, which are subject to export control laws. These reports assist clients to determine whether to seek export licenses.
The legality of such exports often depends on the nature of the potential Chinese customer and the likelihood that the customer would use the export for a permissible civilian end-use, versus an impermissible military end-use. Many clients have found these reports helpful in making an informed decision whether to go forward with an export license application. If so, our due diligence reports could be submitted with license applications as a third party assessment of consignees, end-users and end-use.